Add this easy 20 Minute Healthy Taco Salad recipe to your list of fast dinners for busy weeknights! It has all of the favorites – avocado, black beans, cheese and salsa!
I’ve had salads on my mind! I have three salad recipes photographed and ready to share with you. They’re all super easy and so deeelish, so I’m sure you won’t mind. 😉 I have a few other posts in the works too, so I’ll space out greens with some other breakfast and dinner recipes.
This 20 Minute Healthy Taco Salad is what to make when you’re not sure what to make for dinner. You can have it on your table in 20 minutes so it’s perfect for busy nights. If you have young kids who aren’t into salads yet, they can skip the lettuce and wrap theirs up in whole grain tortillas.
Learn more about my Time-Saving Healthy Family Meal Plan.
You can switch up your taco salad ingredients however you like. Sometimes I use ground beef, and sometimes I’ll use ground turkey or chicken. I always season my taco meat with my favorite homemade taco seasoning. Leftover 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken is great on taco salad, too.
I like to serve my taco salad over romaine. You can also use baby kale or spinach, or a mix of greens. To top this healthy taco salad I’ve used black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. Salsa makes a healthy and flavor-packed dressing for these salads.
If you love taco salad as much as I do, be sure to also try my Meal Prep Taco Salad Lunch Bowls!
So… it’s April! I’m not sure how that happened! And the first Thursday of a new month means… 30 Minute Thursday! I think you’re going to love what my friends have cooked up for you this month. Each of these dinners takes just 30 minutes (or less) to prepare!
One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Rice from The Recipe Rebel
30 Minute Pad Thai from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Arugula and Prosciutto Puff Pastry Pizza from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
30 Minute Shrimp Scampi from My Kitchen Craze
Savory Waffles with Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower from Floating Kitchen
Crispy Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos from She Likes Food
30 Minute Skillet Pasta Primavera from Flavor the Moments
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey or chicken)
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated cheddar and/or jack cheese
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for serving, if desired
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat, until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and water, reduce the heat to a low simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is mostly gone and meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the salads, divide the lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cheese and avocado evenly between four large plates. Top with the beef and salsa. Serve with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, as desired.