I made these Snickerdoodle Blondies a few months ago, and was sure that I had posted them on my blog. However, when I went to search for them today, they weren’t there! I double checked and looked again, but nope, I had totally forgotten to post them. Since they immediately became a new favorite the first time I made them, I knew I needed to put them on my blog right away. Here they are, with all of the cinnamon sugar deliciousness of a Snickerdoodle cookie, but in a fun bar shape. (Brad especially loved these- he says they taste like coffeecake. ) Enjoy!
Makes 24 blondies
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla. Beat, scraping the bowl, until thoroughly combined. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Give the dough a final stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to make sure the flour is incorporated.
- Spread the dough evenly into the pan. Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.