These Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars are the perfect treat to welcome the fall season! Light, creamy pumpkin spiced cheesecake tops a brown sugar, graham cracker and pecan crust.
I’m at it again with the Greek yogurt cheesecake! We loved this Greek yogurt cheesecake tart so much that I just had to make another cheesecake dessert with Greek yogurt. And what better way to celebrate September than with pumpkin cheesecake bars, right?
Over the weekend I made a batch of pumpkin pie spice and immediately used some of it to make these Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars. These bars have a graham cracker and pecan crust that’s pretty delicious on its own. The crust is lightly sweetened with brown sugar and hit with a little bit of cinnamon too.
On top of the crust is a light, creamy pumpkin cheesecake. I know I’ve said it before, but Greek yogurt really is amazing as a cheesecake base. It gives plenty of creaminess and you’ll love the way these lighter cheesecake bars taste. They have a slight tang from the yogurt and a delicious pumpkin spice flavor!
The best part (besides the way they taste of course) is that these Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars are so easy to make. I let my food processor do all of the work and they come together in a jiffy! I use the food processor to make both the crust and the cheesecake, with just a quick wipe down in between. Not counting the baking or cooling time, you can have these cheesecake bars prepped in less than 30 minutes. That’s my kind of dessert!
If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender (or a rolling pin) to crush the graham crackers and a knife to finely chop the pecans. A good old bowl and spoon (or a stand mixer) will work to do the rest of the mixing. You’ll just have to put in a little more effort than you would if you used a food processor. 🙂
Either way, these Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars are sure to become a favorite treat. I know I’ll be making them again and again!
- 9 graham cracker sheets (18 squares)
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups full fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper so that you have a parchment overhang on two opposite sides.
- In a food processor, process the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Add the pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and process until pecans are chopped into small pieces. Pour in the melted butter and pulse a few times to incorporate. Pour the crust mixture into the prepared pan and use your hand to press it down into an even layer. Bake 13-15 minutes, until lightly golden. (If using a metal pan you will need to reduce the baking time by about 2 minutes.) Set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Wipe out the food processor bowl. To the bowl, add the Greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. Process until smooth. Add the sugar, flour, and pumpkin pie spice. Process until well combined. Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the pre-baked crust and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the center jiggles just slightly when you shake the pan. (If using a metal pan, bake for about 30 minutes.) Let cool for 1-2 hours on a wire rack and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Pumpkin Recipes from Friends:
Simple Pumpkin Waffles from Savory Nothings
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Live Well Bake Often
Mini Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecakes from Flavor the Moments