Artichoke, Leek, and Goat Cheese Dip with Garlic Pita Chips
This creamy dip is a fresh twist on artichoke dip. Made with Greek yogurt and goat cheese, it’s a lightened up dip that you won’t be able to resist. Especially when there are homemade garlic pita chips to dip!
When I entertain, the hardest part of the meal to plan is the appetizers. If I’m able to, I’ll pass along the appetizer responsibility to one of the guests. (Thank you to my two sisters who will be bringing appetizers this Thanksgiving!) I’m not sure why I get so stuck when it comes to ideas for pre-meal snacks. Perhaps it’s because I put so much energy into the main course, sides, and (my favorite) dessert, that anything more seems overwhelming to think about?
If you’ve been given the responsibility of preparing an appetizer for this year’s Thanksgiving meal, might I suggest this Artichoke, Leek, and Goat Cheese Dip with Garlic Pita Chips? Artichoke dip is a crowd-pleaser, and this dip is just different enough to be extra special. It’s creaminess comes from Greek yogurt and goat cheese, and the leek adds a unique twist to this flavorful dip. Fresh lemon juice brightens the flavors.
The garlic pita chips are crazy easy to make, especially if you take advantage of store-bought pita. I love making my own whole-wheat pita bread, but sometimes convenience wins out and it totally did this time. I think it’s enough that we turn that store-bought pita into homemade pita chips, right? Just slice the pita bread into triangles, brush with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder, and bake for 14 minutes. So easy. And might I suggest a double batch. They won’t stick around for long!
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup sliced leek (reserve a few slices for garnish)
- ½ cup (2 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Combine goat cheese and yogurt in a food processor and process until smooth. Add artichoke hearts and leek; process until finely chopped, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add Parmesan, lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper; pulse until combined. Cover and chill 2 hours before serving. Garnish with a few slices of leek and a sprinkling of black pepper, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly brush pita wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Bake until lightly browned and crisp, about 14 minutes. Let cool before serving alongside dip.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!