Cranberry Orange Pecan Quick Bread
This Cranberry Orange Pecan Quick Bread is made with whole-wheat flour, honey, and Greek yogurt. A little bit tart, a little bit sweet, it’s the perfect way to kick off cranberry season!
I feel like my mind should be on all things Thanksgiving, like new side dishes and desserts that I want to try out for the big meal. I’m just not quite there yet. Anyone else with me? We are still eating Halloween candy, after all. (Or at least my kids are. One piece a day. How long until I can disappear it all?)
I promise I’ll try to think up some inventive Thanksgiving dishes soon, but in the meantime I’d rather focus on some healthy-ish baking. Last week I spotted fresh cranberries in my grocery store, and of course I had to throw some in my shopping cart! The cranberry-orange combination is one of my absolute favorites, and this Cranberry Orange Pecan Quick Bread is a great way to kick off cranberry season.
My goal with this bread was for it to be absolutely delicious (of course), but also on the healthier side. It’s made with real butter, because butter makes everything better, but then I added in Greek yogurt for extra moisture (applesauce would work too), whole-wheat flour, and honey as a natural sweetener. This bread is packed with flavor thanks to orange zest and orange juice, fresh cranberries, toasted pecans, and cinnamon. It’s completely wonderful spread with softened butter or cream cheese. I dare you to resist a second slice. 😉
Oh and the Cherry Cream Scones that I shared last week? They would be absolutely amazing made with fresh cranberries and orange zest. Yes, I’ll be trying that very soon, and you should too.
- 1 ¼ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- zest of two oranges
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously butter (or spray with cooking spray) a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and orange zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, honey, yogurt, orange juice, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until barely combined. Gently fold in the cranberries and pecans. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top of the bread is browning too much, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking. Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!