Creamy Avocado Vegetable Burritos
Recipe type: 30 Minute Dinner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice of half a lime
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 2 small or 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, whisk together Greek yogurt, lime juice, chili powder, and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Warm the beans for a few minutes in a small saucepan over low heat. Warm the tortillas between paper towels in the microwave.
- To assemble the burritos, spread ¼ of the yogurt mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with peppers and onions, beans, cheese and avocado. Fold up burritos and serve.
Recipe by Kristine's Kitchen at https://kristineskitchenblog.com/creamy-avocado-vegetable-burritos/