Southwestern Pasta Salad
Serves: 8 as a Main Dish or 12 as a Side Dish
- 1 lb. bowtie pasta
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thin 1-inch long slices (orange, red, and/or yellow)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¾ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until barely al dente (do not overcook). Rinse pasta in cold water; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, bell peppers, black beans, corn, green onions, cheese, and cilantro.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss until evenly distributed.
Recipe by Kristine's Kitchen at https://kristineskitchenblog.com/southwestern-pasta-salad/