Easy Two Cheese Pasta with Chickpeas
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 8 oz. whole-wheat pasta
- 1 ½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place pasta in a large bowl to cool briefly.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over pasta and stir to evenly coat the pasta.
- Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe by Kristine's Kitchen at https://kristineskitchenblog.com/easy-two-cheese-pasta-chickpeas/