Orange and Shallot Roasted Asparagus
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ½ tsp. granulated sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed of tough ends
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 1 oz. goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sugar and orange zest in a small bowl and use your fingertips to combine until fragrant.
- Place asparagus in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the chopped shallots and orange sugar. Use your hands to mix until everything is well combined.
- Roast asparagus in the oven for 15 minutes, until crisp tender. Serve topped with crumbles of goat cheese, if desired.
Recipe by Kristine's Kitchen at https://kristineskitchenblog.com/orange-and-shallot-roasted-asparagus/