Gingerbread Spice Mix
Add this Gingerbread Spice Mix to pancakes, breads, oatmeal, coffee and more!
Hello, friends! Those of you that celebrate Thanksgiving, how was your holiday? Are any of you out shopping for deals this morning? I’m staying home today, but we’ve started to do some of our shopping online. It’s easier that way!
Now that it’s the day after Thanksgiving, we can officially start thinking about all things Christmas. I bet you can guess one of my most favorite parts of the holiday season. That’s right, the food! More specifically the holiday baking. 😉
Over the next couple of weeks, I plan to share a mix of fun holiday treat recipes (healthier, of course) and nutritious meal ideas to get you through this busy season. We’re starting with this homemade gingerbread spice mix! It’s an easy do-it-yourself recipe, and you’ll want to keep a batch of this spice mix in your kitchen all season. I’ve been adding mine to everything from coffee to waffles!
Since I’ve also shared the recipes for my homemade pumpkin pie spice and homemade taco seasoning, you know I’m a fan of making my own spice mixes. It only takes a minute, and making them yourself can save you a trip to the store. Do they even sell gingerbread spice mix in the store? I’ve never noticed it there, but I’ve also never looked for it. I like to store my spices in these cute little jars. I just label what’s in the jar and then I always have homemade spice mixes ready to use.
A few years ago I discovered my love for all things gingerbread. It started with my favorite holiday beverage. And a delicious way to have dessert for breakfast. Then came this healthy make-ahead weekday breakfast idea. And now, with this homemade gingerbread spice mix, you can add warm gingerbread spice to your favorite recipes! I’ve added a few ideas to get you started in the recipe box below.
Now let’s go enjoy the rest of the weekend! I’ll be in my comfy pants, getting out the Christmas decorations and baking something yummy. See you on Monday with a new recipe (hint: it involves this gingerbread spice!).
What will you add your gingerbread spice to?
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk or stir until combined. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Stir ½ teaspoon gingerbread spice mix into ¼ cup of coffee grounds and brew as usual.
- Add 1 tablespoon gingerbread spice to your favorite waffle or pancake mix.
- Stir ½ teaspoon gingerbread spice into your morning oatmeal.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons gingerbread spice to your basic granola recipe.
- Mix 2 teaspoons gingerbread spice into your next batch of banana bread.
If you love gingerbread spice mix, you’ll want to try:
- Brown Butter Gingerbread Waffles
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies by RecipeGirl
- Maple Glazed Gingerbread Scones by Pinch of Yum
- Gingerbread Pancakes by Creme de la Crumb
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!