Roasted Carrots with Lemon and Thyme
A flavorful twist on roasted carrots, these roasted carrots with lemon and thyme will have you going back for seconds and thirds!
Roasted vegetables are a wonderful thing. I have some favorite recipes based around roasted vegetables, like this Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna (yum), this Roasted Zucchini Pasta with Grilled Chicken (super yum), and this Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette (super, super yum). I also often make roasted vegetables as side dishes to go with our meals, as in these Roasted Carrots with Lemon and Thyme.
I used to always steam my vegetables. If we were having a side dish of broccoli or carrots for dinner, it was steamed broccoli or steamed carrots. The steamed veggies were fine, and we ate them, but we did not enjoy them so much that we were tempted to go back for seconds. For quite a while now I’ve been roasting vegetables rather than steaming them and I will never go back.
Whenever we have broccoli with dinner, Julia always asks if it’s roasted broccoli. She knows she likes roasted broccoli much better than steamed, and can you blame her? William is not so much a fan of the broccoli but he loves roasted carrots. If I’m not making these Roasted Carrots with Lemon and Thyme, then I just slice the carrots into rounds and toss them with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of paprika, and roast as usual. There, you just got two recipes for the price of one. Sweet, caramelized roasted veggie goodness here you come.
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced on diagonal ½-inch thick
- 1 ½ tsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place carrots in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme, and toss to evenly distribute. Roast in oven until crisp-tender, about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Roast longer for softer carrots, less for crisper ones.
- Toss roasted carrots with lemon juice, to taste, and serve.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!