Oreo Cookie Cupcakes
If you love Oreo cookies, then these are the cupcakes for you. To start, half of an Oreo is hidden at the bottom of the cupcake. Then, chopped Oreo pieces are mixed into a delicious cupcake base. Finally, the cupcakes are topped with Oreo whipped cream and half of an Oreo cookie. These cupcakes are definitely indulgent, but I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding friends to share them with!
One year ago: Vanilla Ice Cream, Philadelphia-Style
Oreo Cookie Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 24 Oreo halves, with cream filling attached
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
For the frosting:
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tbsp. whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp. Oreo cookie crumbs
- 24 Oreo cookie halves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the wells of two cupcake pans with 24 paper liners. Place an Oreo half in the bottom of each liner, cream side up.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to blend and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Blend in the egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in the vanilla extract. With the mixer on low speed, beat in half of the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Add the milk and beat just until combined, then add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the chopped Oreos with a rubber spatula until evenly incorporated, being careful not to over-mix. Evenly divide the batter between the prepared cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, in the clean bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium-high speed until the whipped cream holds stiff peaks. Gently fold in the cookie crumbs with a spatula.
- Scoop the mixture into a pastry bag and pipe frosting decoratively on top of the cupcakes. Garnish with Oreo cookie halves.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!