Pear and Almond Butter Toast with Granola
FREE GROUND BEEF FOR LIFE when you order your first ButcherBox today. Claim Now.
Whole grain bread topped with creamy almond butter, juicy pear slices, honey and crunchy granola! This Pear and Almond Butter Toast with Granola is the easiest healthy breakfast or snack!
Pears are one of those fruits that are often overlooked. When strawberry season is here, or pumpkin season, or even asparagus, you know it. Recipes abound and those fruits and vegetables are front and center in the grocery store. But pears are more subtle. They seem to hide behind the apples, which are so popular this time of year.
A perfectly ripe pear, though? One that’s sweet, juicy, and crisp all at the same time? That’s pretty hard to beat.
Each variety of pear is different, but most pears are in peak season in fall and winter. And I’m determined to enjoy them to the fullest this year. My whole family loves to eat fresh pears, sliced up alongside our lunch or as a snack. They’re also delicious in recipes. This Pear, Walnut and Feta Pizza is my all-time favorite, and this Apple-Pear Oatmeal Smoothie is an easy, healthy breakfast!
The past few weeks I’ve been enjoying this Pear and Almond Butter Toast with Granola as a snack or quick breakfast. You can make it in just a few minutes, and it’s really filling. This snack is a good balance of whole grain carbohydrates, fiber, and protein.
I always start with whole wheat bread, a generous spread of almond butter, and, of course, slices of pear. Sometimes I’ll finish the toast with a simple sprinkle of cinnamon, and sometimes I’ll add a drizzle of honey and some crunchy granola. Either way, you’ll love it!
This Pear and Almond Butter Toast is a healthy snack because:
- Pears are one of the highest fiber fruits.
- Almond butter is a good source of protein.
- Whole grain carbohydrates (like whole wheat bread and oats) can give you an energy boost!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ fresh pear
- optional toppings: cinnamon, honey and/or granola
- Toast whole wheat bread until lightly golden. Spread 1 tablespoon almond butter evenly over each slice of toast.
- Slice pear and place on top of the almond butter. Add additional toppings as desired. We like either a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a drizzle of honey and some homemade granola. Enjoy!
Other fabulous pear recipes:
Slow Cooker Pear Cider from Beard and Bonnet
Pear Crisps (oven-baked pear chips) by Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!