A sweet summer appetizer, this refreshing bruschetta with strawberries, fresh ricotta cheese, and a drizzle of honey is perfect for brunch or a summer party.
This bruschetta is completely irresistible! Bread, cheese and fruit, all my loves in one bite-sized appetizer.
How to Make Bruschetta
We start with toasted bread. A long baguette works best cut into half-inch thick slices. Brush each slice with oil olive and broil in the oven just until the slices begin to brown.
Next comes the toppings. Traditionally bruschetta is topped with tomatoes, garlic and basil, maybe fresh mozzarella. Our summer bruschetta is a little different, we are replacing the tomatoes with strawberries and using a lighter cheese, ricotta.
Fresh ricotta is hard to resist on its own, but spread on toasted baguette slices and topped with strawberries, basil, and a drizzle of honey? It’s irresistible. We are using my homemade ricotta recipe which has a milder flavor than store-bought ricotta. Once you’ve got the ricotta, this is an easy appetizer that you can assemble in just a few minutes. We’ve even made dinner out of these, along with some fresh fruit or veggies on the side. Bread, cheese, and juicy summer strawberries… what more could you want?
If you’re able to share these by bringing them to a brunch, potluck or dinner party, I’m sure your friends will be extremely grateful. But I won’t blame you if you decide to make these just for yourself. I know whenever I make them I end up eating way too many. These Strawberry-Basil Bruschetta are addicting!
- 1 baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (chopped small)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (sliced into small ribbons)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp honey (for drizzling)
- Preheat broiler. Slice the baguette on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch thick ovals. Place slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil. Broil until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, gently toss together the strawberries and basil.
- Spread about a tablespoon of ricotta cheese on each toasted baguette slice. Top with a spoonful of strawberries and basil. Drizzle with a small amount of honey.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!