Strawberry-Basil Bruschetta with Fresh Ricotta
Strawberry-Basil Bruschetta with Fresh Ricotta and a drizzle of honey is a sweet summer appetizer.
Last time I shared how easy it is to make homemade ricotta cheese. Fresh ricotta is hard to resist on its own, but spread on toasted baguette slices and topped with strawberries, basil, and a drizzle of honey? These bruschetta are completely irrisistible! Once you’ve got the ricotta made, this is an easy appetizer that you can assemble in just a few minutes. We’ve even made dinner out of these, along with some fresh fruit or veggies on the side. Bread, cheese, and juicy summer strawberries… what more could you want?
If you’re able to share these by bringing them to a potluck or dinner party, I’m sure your friends will be extremely grateful. But I won’t blame you if you decide to make these just for yourself. I know whenever I make them I end up eating way too many. These Strawberry-Basil Bruschetta with Fresh Ricotta are addicting little bites!
- 1 baguette
- olive oil
- 1½ cups strawberries, chopped small*
- ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced into small ribbons
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- honey, for drizzling
- Preheat broiler. Slice the baguette on a slight diagonal into ½-inch thick ovals. Place slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil. Broil until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, gently toss together the strawberries and basil.
- Spread about a tablespoon of ricotta cheese on each toasted baguette slice. Top with a spoonful of strawberries and basil. Drizzle with a small amount of honey.
Source: Kristine's Kitchen.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!