Sweet Potato and Kale Pizza
Baked sweet potato rounds, crispy kale, and tangy goat cheese make this Sweet Potato Pizza with Kale totally crave-worthy.
You guys. This Sweet Potato and Kale Pizza, it is sooo good. You don’t believe me? Yes, it’s covered in sweet potatoes and kale. But have you ever tried baked sweet potato rounds? How about baked kale chips? Roasted red onions? These are the things vegetable dreams are made of. (And no, I don’t really dream about vegetables. At least not while I’m asleep.) Did I mention the goat cheese yet? Almost everything is better with goat cheese.
Make this pizza with my easy whole wheat pizza dough recipe. Whole wheat flour adds some extra nutrition to your pizza crust, but you can use all purpose flour if that’s what you have on hand.
If I had to choose a favorite pizza right this very second, this would be it. Before making it, I wouldn’t have thought that could be, but it is. The sweet potatoes and onions are sweet and caramelized. The kale is crispy and melts in your mouth. (Even Julia couldn’t stop eating the kale.) Each part of this Sweet Potato and Kale Pizza combines into an amazing cheesy baked pie. Make this. And then share some with me, okay?
More Pizza Recipes:
Sweet Potato and Kale Pizza
- 1 small sweet potato sliced into thin rounds
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 ball
whole-wheat pizza dough recipeprepared ahead
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese about 6 ounces
- 1 ½ cups kale removed from stalks, washed, dried, and chopped
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place sweet potato rounds, onion slices, and garlic on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt and some black pepper. Toss to coat the veggies and then arrange in an even layer. Roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the vegetables just begin to brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees and place a pizza stone inside to preheat for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a 12 to 14-inch round and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush dough lightly with olive oil and top with an even layer of mozzarella. Spread the sweet potato and onion slices evenly over the cheese; top with kale. Sprinkle a small amount of freshly grated black pepper over the kale, followed by the Parmesan cheese. Crumble the goat cheese over the top of the pizza.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees. Slide the pizza and parchment onto the preheated pizza stone in the oven, and bake pizza for 9-12 minutes, until cheese and crust are golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!