Fresh Corn Salad
Fresh Corn Salad with black beans, avocado, tomatoes and a zesty chili-lime dressing. This easy corn salad recipe is one of the best summer side dishes!
Servings: 6 servings
For the salad:
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 ounces Cotija cheese crumbled*
- 1 large avocado chopped
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons lime juice about 3 limes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Heat grill to medium heat. Remove husks and silks from corn; rinse and pat dry. Wrap each ear of corn in foil and grill for about 15 minutes, until tender when pierced with a knife, turning every 5 minutes. Let stand wrapped in foil for 5 minutes. Unwrap carefully as the corn will be very hot. Let cool.
While the corn cools, make the dressing. Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Once corn is cool, carefully use a sharp knife to slice the kernels off the cob. Place corn kernels in a large bowl.
To the bowl with the corn, add the black beans, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Stir in the Cotija cheese. If serving the salad within 2 hours, you can stir in the avocado now. Otherwise, wait and add the avocado right before serving. Salad is best if chilled for at least 2 hours before serving.
- We like this salad best with grilled corn, as directed in the recipe. You can also cook the corn in your Instant Pot or boil the corn on the cob for 5 to 8 minutes, until the kernels are tender.
- If you can't find Cotija cheese, feta is a good substitute.
- Salad will stay fresh for 1-2 days in the refrigerator. If you plan to make the salad ahead, it is best to add the avocado right before serving.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 669mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com