Sweet Potato Noodles with Peanut Sauce
30 minute sweet potato noodles with a spicy peanut sauce and chickpeas. An easy and healthy dinner recipe that's vegan and gluten free.
Servings: 4 servings
For the Peanut Sauce:
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter I used natural
- 5 tablespoons lime juice about 2 large limes
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce look for gluten free if needed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup peanuts
In a medium bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients.
Scrub, peel, and spiralize the sweet potatoes.
In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes, until softened. Add chickpeas and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in peanut sauce and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Divide noodles and chickpeas between four plates; top with green onions and peanuts and serve.
Leftovers reheat well for lunch the next day.
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1055mg | Potassium: 961mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 18653IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com