Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
This Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is full of healthy vegetables and flavor! It cooks all day in your crock pot, so it's perfect for busy workdays.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 turnips cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 6 carrots sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- fresh parsley for serving (optional)
Place onion, potatoes, turnips, parsnips, and carrots in the slow cooker. Nestle chicken breasts on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Add the broth to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours, until vegetables are tender.
Remove chicken from the slow cooker and transfer to a bowl; shred into bite-sized pieces. Remove ¼ cup broth from the slow cooker and place in a small bowl. Whisk the cornstarch into the broth in the bowl and then pour the mixture into the slow cooker; stir gently. Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Serve.
Serving: 1/8 recipe | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 1155mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 7669IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com