BBQ Chicken Salad
This BBQ Chicken Salad is one of our favorite dinner salads! It's tossed in a tangy cilantro-lime dressing and drizzled with BBQ sauce. Shredded cheese and crumbled tortilla chips are a perfect finishing touch!
Servings: 4 servings
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
For the cilantro-lime dressing:
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- salt & pepper to taste
For the salads:
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado chopped or sliced
- ½ cup shredded colby jack cheese or cheddar
- ½ cup tortilla strips or crumbled tortilla chips
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce for drizzling
Grill the chicken:
Pat chicken breasts dry using paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Rub over all sides of the chicken breasts.
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once halfway through, about 5-10 minutes per side. Set chicken on a clean plate to rest for at least 10 minutes and then slice.
Make the cilantro-lime dressing:
Assemble the salads:
Place lettuce in a large bowl or 4 individual serving bowls and toss with about half of the dressing.
Top lettuce with black beans, corn, tomato, red onion, avocado, cheese and chicken. Drizzle each salad with a little more of the cilantro-lime dressing. Top with tortilla strips and then drizzle lightly with BBQ sauce. Serve immediately.
- If desired, ranch dressing can be used instead of the cilantro-lime dressing.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 755mg | Potassium: 1087mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 9133IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com