BBQ Chicken Pizza
This BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe is simple to make and full of flavor! It's a great way to use up extra cooked chicken.
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ recipe whole wheat pizza dough see notes
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce divided
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shredded Gouda cheese (or sub mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro or sliced green onions
Preheat oven to 450° F. Sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza pan, pizza stone or baking sheet. This will prevent the crust from sticking to the pan. Alternatively, you can assemble and bake the pizza on parchment paper, which you can slide right onto your pizza pan. (Most parchment papers have a temperature limit of 425° F, so adjust your oven temperature if needed.)
Roll/stretch out the pizza dough to a 12 to 14-inch round and place it on the prepared pizza pan.
Spread ½ cup of the BBQ sauce over the pizza dough. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the sauce.
Put the chicken in a small bowl and toss it with the remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce. Evenly distribute the chicken and sliced red onion over the pizza.
Bake the pizza for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese and crust begin to lightly brown. Remove the pizza from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle on the chopped cilantro or green onions, slice, and serve.
- You can make my whole wheat pizza dough recipe with all-purpose flour if that is what you have in your kitchen. Store-bought pizza dough or crust will also work.
- My homemade pizza dough recipe makes two balls of pizza dough, enough for two pizzas. You can freeze the second ball of dough for later.
- Recipe can be doubled to make two pizzas.
Serving: 1/4 pizza | Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 1308mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 406IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com