Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are a delicious and easy way to make sweet potato fries with very little oil. They are the best healthy side dish or snack! Instructions include how to use fresh sweet potatoes and how to cook store-bought frozen sweet potato fries.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes about 1 ½ pounds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder use a little less if you want less garlic flavor
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
Scrub sweet potatoes and dry well. You do not need to peel them. Cut sweet potatoes into ¼-inch thick matchsticks and place in a large bowl.
Preheat air fryer at 380° F for 5 minutes.
Toss sweet potatoes with the olive oil.
In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the seasonings over the sweet potatoes and toss to evenly coat all of the fries. If you like your fries lightly seasoned you do not have to use all of the seasoning.
Place fries in air fryer in a single layer, do not stack. (Cook in 2-3 batches.) Set air fryer to 380°F for 14 minutes. (Fries may be done early.) After 8 minutes of cook time, pause your air fryer and shake/toss fries in fryer pan. Shake them back into a single layer as best you can. Cook an additional 3-6 more minutes to desired crispness/doneness.
Serve immediately, or wait until all batches are done and then put all of the fries in the air fryer and cook for 1-2 more minutes so that you can serve all of the fries hot.
- To cook store bought frozen sweet potato fries: Preheat air fryer at 380° F for 5 minutes. Place frozen fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket with a little space between each fry. Air fry at 380° F for 10-14 minutes total, flipping after 8 minutes of cook time.
- Different air fryers may cook differently, so adjust the cook time to cook the fries to your liking.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 16106IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com