The BEST Chicken Marinade! Take the flavor of your chicken to the next level with this easy chicken marinade recipe. Use it for grilling or baking, with chicken breasts or chicken thighs. Perfect for quick meals!
Servings: 8 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs boneless or bone-in
Combine olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in a bowl or large zip-top plastic bag. Whisk or squeeze bag to mix. (Optional: reserve a few tablespoons of marinade in a separate container to brush on chicken while cooking.)
Add the chicken to the bag or bowl* and coat chicken with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours. I usually aim to marinate chicken for 1-4 hours.
Discard marinade and cook chicken in the oven, on the stove, or on the grill, as desired. Chicken is done when the internal temperature registers 165° F on an instant read thermometer.
- If you are using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, it's best to pound them to an even thickness before adding them to the marinade. This helps them to cook evenly and also tenderizes the meat. Place chicken breasts in a zip-top bag or between two layers of parchment paper or plastic wrap and use a rolling pin or meat mallet to pound the chicken.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com