Best Buttermilk Pancakes
These buttermilk pancakes are thick and fluffy, with delicious flavor from the buttermilk in the batter. They are quick and easy to make and perfect for a weekend breakfast!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 14 pancakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk use 1 ¼ cups if using homemade buttermilk substitute
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt the butter and set it aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, honey and vanilla extract. Whisk in the melted butter.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Whisk until just combined, being careful to not over-mix. A few lumps will remain in the batter but you shouldn't see streaks of flour.
Heat an electric griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Grease the griddle or skillet with cooking spray.
Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle. Let pancakes cook on the first side until bubbles form and the pancake bottoms are golden, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook them on the second side until golden. Serve pancakes with maple syrup and fresh fruit, if desired.
- You can make this recipe with 2 cups of all purpose flour or 2 cups of white whole wheat flour instead of 1 cup of each.
- Extra pancakes freeze well, wrapped airtight, for up to 3 months. Thaw and warm before serving. You can thaw pancakes in the microwave, on the counter or overnight in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com