Teriyaki Chicken and Veggie Noodle Bowls (One Pot)
These Teriyaki Chicken and Veggie Noodle Bowls are a one pot dinner that the whole family will love! A slightly sweet, refined sugar-free homemade teriyaki sauce makes vegetables more appealing to kids! Meal prep the ingredients ahead of time to help get dinner on the table faster.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces refrigerated Asian noodles for stir fry see note
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 carrots cut into thin slices
- 1 bell pepper cut into thin slices
- 2 cups chopped about ½ pound broccoli
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, water, rice vinegar and cornstarch. Set aside.
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Mine just needed a quick rinse in hot water to separate them. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the carrots, bell pepper, broccoli and snow peas to the hot skillet. Cook, stirring often, until veggies are crisp-tender. This will only take a few minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the noodles and cook just until heated through. Remove from heat and serve.
- I used Fortune brand Yaki-Soba Japanese stir-fry noodles. You can use any type of noodle, as long as you cook/prepare it according to the package directions. The ones I used just require a quick rinse in hot water to separate them.
- If you like a lot of sauce then I recommend making 1.5 times the sauce recipe. Use ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons water, 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar and 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 712mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com