Teriyaki Chicken and Veggie Noodle Bowls (One Pot)
These Teriyaki Chicken and Veggie Noodle Bowls are a one pot dinner that the whole family will love! A slightly sweet, refined sugar-free homemade teriyaki sauce makes vegetables more appealing to kids! Meal prep the ingredients ahead of time to help get dinner on the table faster.
Servings: 4 servings
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces refrigerated Asian noodles for stir fry see note
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 carrots cut into thin slices
- 1 bell pepper cut into thin slices
- 2 cups chopped about ½ pound broccoli
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, water, rice vinegar and cornstarch. Set aside.
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Mine just needed a quick rinse in hot water to separate them. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the carrots, bell pepper, broccoli and snow peas to the hot skillet. Cook, stirring often, until veggies are crisp-tender. This will only take a few minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the noodles and cook just until heated through. Remove from heat and serve.
- I used Fortune brand Yaki-Soba Japanese stir-fry noodles. You can use any type of noodle, as long as you cook/prepare it according to the package directions. The ones I used just require a quick rinse in hot water to separate them.
- If you like a lot of sauce then I recommend making 1.5 times the sauce recipe. Use ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons water, 1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar and 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 712mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com