Tuscan Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
You'll love this easy crock pot recipe for Tuscan Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs! This Tuscan chicken recipe has tender slow cooked chicken, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes in a creamy sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs about 6 thighs
- 1 shallot chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes not in oil
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- grated Parmesan cheese optional, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a skillet on the stove over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the chicken thighs. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Brown on both sides, 2-4 minutes per side.
Transfer chicken to the slow cooker.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the shallot to the pan. Saute, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Pour the chicken broth into the pan and cook for 1 minutes, gently scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat.
Transfer the contents of the pan to the slow cooker.
Add the Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and sun dried tomatoes to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high heat for 2-2.5 hours or low for 4-5 hours, until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cream and cornstarch. Stir it into the slow cooker, along with the spinach. Cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- You can substitute 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion for the shallot.
- If you like a lot of sauce, increase the chicken broth to 1 1/2 cups and the heavy cream to 1/2 cup. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3 cloves garlic.
- You can substitute half and half or coconut milk for the heavy cream.
Serving: 1thigh | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 705mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1240IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com