20 Minute Healthy Taco Salad
Add this easy 20 Minute Healthy Taco Salad recipe to your list of fast dinners for busy weeknights! It has all of the favorites - avocado, black beans, cheese and salsa!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup grated cheddar and/or jack cheese
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for serving if desired
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat, until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and water, reduce the heat to a low simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is mostly gone and meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
To assemble the salads, divide the lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cheese and avocado evenly between four large plates. Top with the beef and salsa. Serve with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, as desired.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1134mg | Potassium: 1721mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 9320IU | Vitamin C: 27.2mg | Calcium: 315mg | Iron: 7.1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com