Easy Slow Cooker Lasagna
This crockpot lasagna is possibly the easiest lasagna you will ever make. You don't need to boil the lasagna noodles before layering the lasagna in your crock pot. You are going to love this easy slow cooker lasagna!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Resting Time30 mins
Total Time4 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 24 ounce jars marinara sauce about 5 1/2 cups total*
- 10 lasagna noodles uncooked, whole wheat or white (NOT no boil noodles)
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded, 2 1/2 cups
- grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- fresh chopped parsley or basil for serving, if desired
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until it begins to soften.
Add the ground beef (or turkey) to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat into small pieces as it cooks.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Remove pan from the heat.
Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker insert. Make a single layer of noodles, breaking them up as needed. Top with 1/3 of the meat, 1 cup of marinara sauce, and 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella.
Make a second layer with noodles, half of the remaining meat, another 1 cup of sauce, and 2/3 cup mozzarella.
Make a third layer with noodles, the remaining meat, 1 cup sauce and 2/3 cup mozzarella.
Top with one more layer of noodles, 1 ½ cups of sauce, and the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella
Cook in your slow cooker on low heat for about 4 hours, until noodles are soft. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for 20-30 minutes before serving. Open lid carefully to keep any condensation on the lid from dripping on the lasagna. Serve with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
- Use a marinara sauce that you really enjoy as the flavor of the sauce intensifies as the lasagna cooks.
- All slow cookers cook differently. This takes about 4 hours on low in my slow cooker, but yours may cook a little faster or slower.
Serving: 1/8 lasagna | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1153mg | Potassium: 890mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 975IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 219mg | Iron: 3.7mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com