Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This Maple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe is an easy side dish for Thanksgiving or any holiday! Everything cooks on one pan, with garlic and an irresistible maple balsamic glaze.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cup raw pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Trim stem ends off Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to combine. Spread out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
Roast for 20 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are almost tender.
Meanwhile, stir together the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven and add garlic and pecans to the pan. Pour the syrup mixture over the top and toss until everything is evenly coated. Return the pan to the hot oven and roast for 5-10 minutes more, until pecans are toasted and Brussels are golden and tender. Stir in dried cranberries and serve.
- See the post above for more Brussels sprouts flavor ideas.
- Store leftover cooked Brussels sprouts for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The best way to reheat cooked Brussels sprouts is to put them on a pan in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes, or until warm and re-crisped. You can also reheat Brussels sprouts in the microwave.
- To Make this Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe Ahead: I recommend doing the initial 20 minute roasting (steps 1-3 of the recipe) and then refrigerating the Brussels sprouts. This can be done the day of or up to one day ahead. When you are ready to serve, continue with the recipe by adding the garlic, pecans and maple balsamic glaze. Roast for 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through and tender. Then add the cranberries and serve.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 671mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1140IU | Vitamin C: 129.1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2.5mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com