Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
An easy white chicken chili recipe that's made entirely in your crockpot! You will love this creamy, dairy-free Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili, made with cannellini beans, diced green chiles, and corn.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- For serving: cilantro, avocado, tortilla chip strips, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, or shredded cheese, as desired
Place chicken, onion, beans, diced green chiles, garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, cayenne pepper and chicken broth in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or high setting for 3-4 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes. Meanwhile, use an immersion blender to puree part of the chili. You just want to puree it a little bit, so that some of the beans help to thicken the broth and some of the beans remain whole.
Chop the chicken and return it to the slow cooker. Stir in the corn.
Cook for 5 more minutes on high setting. Serve with toppings as desired.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Directions:
Recipe updated 9/24/18 to add more spice. For medium-spicy chili, use one can mild diced green chiles and one can hot, plus 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. For mild chili, use two cans mild diced green chiles and leave out the cayenne.
- Place all ingredients except for broth and corn in a heavy duty zip top plastic bag. Freeze flat for up to 3 months.
- Thaw the bag (either 24 hours in refrigerator or in a bowl of water).
- Transfer bag contents to slow cooker, add the broth and cook according to directions above.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 676mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com