Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
The best healthy crockpot chicken fajitas! This simple fajita recipe has tender, juicy chicken and lots of flavor. Your family will love this easy slow cooker meal!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup water or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 bell peppers any color, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow or red onion cut into slices
- juice of 1 lime
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Add the water or broth, garlic, honey, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
Place the bell peppers (see note) and onions on top of the chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours, until chicken is cooked through. Chicken should register at least 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
Remove chicken from crock pot and let rest for 5 minutes.
Stir the lime juice into the slow cooker.
Slice or shred the chicken and return it to the crock pot. Serve chicken, bell peppers and onions in warmed tortillas with toppings as desired.
To make Freezer Meal Chicken Fajitas:
If you want your bell peppers to be less soft, you can wait and add them during the last hour of cook time.
Nutrition information does not include tortillas or toppings.
- Place bell peppers and onions in the bottom of a heavy duty zip-top freezer bag. Add the water or broth, garlic, honey, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the bag.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal the bag. Freeze flat for up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to cook the crockpot chicken fajitas, thaw for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Transfer contents of freezer bag to slow cooker. Cook as directed above.
Serving: 1/6 recipe | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 277mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com