Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
This Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe makes it so easy to make homemade chicken noodle soup from scratch. It's comforting, healthy and perfect for a cold day!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 large carrots peeled and sliced, about 2 cups
- 3 ribs celery chopped, about 2 cups
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (see note)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock or low sodium chicken broth
- 7 ounces egg noodles about 3 cups
- fresh parsley optional, for serving
Put chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper and chicken stock or broth.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs and discard. It's ok if some leaves fall off of the thyme stems into the soup.
Remove the chicken to a clean bowl or cutting board. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then shred it into small pieces. Return the chicken to the soup.
Meanwhile, if the slow cooker is not on high, set it to the high setting. Stir in the egg noodles. Cook on high for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
Taste the soup and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve.
- If you don't have fresh herbs, you can use dried herbs. Try rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, or a combination of your favorites. Use between 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried herbs total.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 653mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5165IU | Vitamin C: 5.6mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com