Italian Pasta Salad
This Italian Pasta Salad is one of my favorite pasta salad recipes! This easy pasta salad is loaded with rotini pasta, veggies, olives and cheese in a delicious Italian dressing. This classic side dish is perfect for any summer meal!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 pound rotini or penne pasta white or whole wheat
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 3.8 ounce can sliced black olives about 1 cup
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese cubed (1 cup)
- ½ cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup Italian dressing store bought or homemade
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain, rinse with cool water, then drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
Set the pasta aside to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients, stirring the pasta occasionally to keep it from sticking together.
While the pasta cools, chop the vegetables and other ingredients.
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the cooled pasta. Stir in the dressing until well combined. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper as needed.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Stir pasta salad again right before serving. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, serve.
- Pasta salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 905IU | Vitamin C: 38.5mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com