Apple Banana Muffins
These healthy Apple Banana Muffins are incredibly soft, light and fluffy. The batter is easy to mix up in one bowl. They are perfect for quick breakfasts and snacks!
Servings: 12 muffins
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 3 ripe medium bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 1 large apple cut into ¼-inch pieces (no need to peel)
Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray (or line with paper liners).
Put the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave. (Or melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove and transfer to a large bowl.)
Add the honey, mashed banana, eggs, milk, plain Greek yogurt and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Add the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to the bowl. Whisk until very well combined, making sure there are no lumps of baking powder or baking soda left in the batter.
Add the white whole wheat flour to the bowl and use a rubber spatula to mix in the flour until just combined. Then fold in the chopped apple. Be careful not to over-mix the batter, or your muffins could turn out tough or dense.
Divide the batter evenly among 12 muffin cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake muffins for 16 to 20 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You may substitute all-purpose flour for the white whole wheat flour. You can also use regular whole wheat flour, but the muffins will have a heartier, more whole wheat flavor.
- If you are making mini muffins in a mini muffin pan, bake them for about 12 minutes.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com