Easy Ground Beef Tacos
This delicious taco recipe is made with perfectly seasoned ground beef and your favorite taco toppings. It's one of the best easy dinner ideas!
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey*
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 10 taco shells either hard taco shells or soft taco size tortillas
- Toppings, as desired: shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, guacamole, cilantro, chopped onion, etc.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the skillet and cook, crumbling with a spoon or spatula, until browned. Drain any excess grease from the skillet. (If you used 90% or 93% lean ground beef there may not be any extra grease to drain.)
Reduce the heat to medium and add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, onion powder, salt, pepper and tomato sauce to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, until taco meat is fully cooked and has reached your desired texture.
Serve the taco meat in warmed taco shells, with toppings as desired.
- If using ground turkey, add 1/2 cup water along with the tomato sauce for added moisture. You may also want to add water if using very lean ground beef.
- Nutrition information is for taco meat only (made with 90% lean ground beef), as taco shells and toppings will vary.
Serving: 1/5 pound taco meat | Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 411mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com