Roasted Cauliflower is a healthy side dish that is delicious with so many meals. This easy roasted cauliflower recipe can be kept simple or dressed up with different flavors and seasonings.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- other seasonings as desired, see notes for ideas
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Rinse the cauliflower and pat dry. Cut the cauliflower into quarters, cutting down through the center core. Cut the core out of each quarter and discard the core.
Separate the cauliflower into bite-size florets. If there is still some moisture on the cauliflower pieces, dry them well.
Place cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake in the preheated oven for 23 to 30 minutes, stirring about halfway through the bake time. The roasted cauliflower is done when the edges are lightly browned and it is tender when pierced with a fork. Serve.
- To roast frozen cauliflower, increase oven temperature to 450° F and preheat the pan in the oven (do not use parchment). When oven and pan are hot, toss cauliflower in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper and then carefully spread out on the hot baking sheet. Roast for 23-30 minutes, until tender.
- Seasoning Ideas: Toss with smoked paprika, sweet paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, taco seasoning, curry powder, cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes before roasting. After roasting, sprinkle on grated Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, or fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- Nutrition facts do not include added salt or other seasonings as these will vary.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 101mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com