Perfect Oven Roasted Potatoes
With their crispy edges and soft centers, there's a whole lot to love about roasted potatoes. This Garlic Rosemary Roasted Potatoes recipe is one of my favorite ways to prepare this simple side dish. If you prefer, you can keep the seasonings extra simple and just toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds baby potatoes see note about other types of potatoes
- 5 cloves fresh garlic peeled and left whole
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wash the potatoes and dry them well. Cut them in half (or quarters as needed to make ¾-inch pieces). Place potatoes on the prepared baking sheet.
Put the whole peeled garlic cloves on the baking sheet.
Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes and garlic. Sprinkle on the rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes in the oil and seasonings.
Arrange the potatoes cut side down, with some space between them on the baking sheet.
Roast for 30-35 minutes, until the potatoes are lightly browned and crisp on the edges and soft in the centers. You can stir the potatoes half way through the bake time if desired. If I'm using halved baby potatoes, I usually leave them cut-side down without stirring. If I've cut up larger potatoes, I find the potatoes cook more evenly if tossed halfway.
Chop the roasted garlic cloves and toss them with the roasted potatoes. Serve immediately.
- You can also use Yukon gold or red potatoes. You will need about 6 medium potatoes to make 1 1/2 pounds. Cut the potatoes into 3/4-inch pieces. Toss them halfway through the baking time to help them cook evenly.
- Nutrition information is an estimate and does not include salt, which will be added to taste.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 732mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com