Instant Pot Quinoa
How to make perfect fluffy quinoa in the Instant Pot. This Instant Pot quinoa recipe is a foolproof, hands-off way to cook quinoa.
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water or low sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt optional, omit if cooking quinoa in broth
Place quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water for about 1 minute. Drain.
Place quinoa, water or broth, and salt (if using) in Instant Pot. Stir and make sure that all of the quinoa is in the liquid and not stuck to the sides of the pot. Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
Set the pressure cook time to 1 minute at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to reach pressure and then the cook time will begin counting down.
When the cook time has finished, let the pot naturally release. This just means leave the Instant Pot alone until the pin drops down. Then move the steam valve to the venting position to make sure all of the steam has escaped. Carefully open the Instant Pot lid.
Use a fork to fluff and separate the quinoa.
- For more flavorful quinoa, cook it in vegetable broth or chicken broth instead of water.
- Cooked quinoa can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Store quinoa in an airtight container.
- You can double this recipe by doubling the recipe ingredients. The cook time stays the same for a double recipe. Be sure to not overfill the pot, since the quinoa will approximately triple in size as it cooks.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com