Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
This Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. This barbecue sauce is a little spicy, sweet and perfectly tangy! Use it on grilled chicken or in your favorite recipes that call for BBQ sauce.
Servings: 14 servings
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water plus more as needed to reach desired consistency
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar*
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes optional, for spice
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring or whisking often. Then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often.
Add more water to thin the barbecue sauce if it is too thick. I usually add up to ½ cup more water to reach my desired consistency.
- Store BBQ sauce for up to 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Honey may be used instead of brown sugar and will give the BBQ sauce a honey flavor.
- For a smoky flavor, you double the amount of smoked paprika and/or add 1-2 teaspoons of liquid smoke.
- For sweeter BBQ sauce add another tablespoon or two of brown sugar.
- For tangier BBQ sauce add another tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Recipe makes about 1 3/4 cups of BBQ sauce.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 224IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com