In this easy Greek Salad recipe, fresh vegetables, kalamata olives and feta cheese are tossed in the best homemade Greek salad dressing. It makes a beautiful and healthy side dish. Or add chicken, salmon or chickpeas to make it a meal.
Servings: 4 servings
Greek Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large cucumber sliced into ¼-inch thick half rounds
- 1 green bell pepper cut into ¾-inch pieces
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- ⅔ cup pitted kalamata olives halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces block feta cheese cut into ½-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
Place the cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, olives and feta in a large bowl. Drizzle on dressing, starting with ¼ cup. Toss and add more dressing as needed. Season salad with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
- This salad is best served the day it is made, but leftovers can be stored for 1-2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 749mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 688IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com