Cilantro Lime Chicken
A delicious marinade makes this Cilantro Lime Chicken incredibly flavorful! This easy chicken thigh recipe comes together quickly and makes a perfect weeknight dinner, served with rice and veggies.
Servings: 4 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- zest of 2 limes zest before juicing
- ¼ cup lime juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs about 6 thighs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for cooking
Combine the ¼ cup olive oil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, soy sauce, honey (or brown sugar), garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl or large zip-top plastic bag. Whisk or squeeze bag to mix. (Optional: reserve a few tablespoons of marinade in a separate container to brush on chicken while cooking.)
Add the chicken thighs to the bag or bowl and coat chicken with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
When you are ready to cook the chicken preheat oven to 425° F. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet (such as a cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken to the hot skillet. Discard the marinade. Cook on each side until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Then place the skillet in the preheated oven and continue cooking for 7-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through to 165° F. The cook time will depend on the size of your chicken thighs.
- Bone-in chicken thighs may also be used. They will take longer to cook in the oven. Cook until the thickest part of the thigh, away from the bone, registers 165° F.
- To use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, first pound the breasts to an even thickness for faster, more even cooking. Then marinate. Finally, brown both sides of the chicken breasts in an oven-safe skillet and then finish cooking in the oven until the chicken registers 165° F.
- This cilantro lime chicken is also delicious cooked on the grill. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Then put the chicken on the grill and reduce heat to medium. Grill boneless thighs for 7-10 minutes per side, and bone-in thighs for 9-15 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Nutrition information estimate assumes that all marinade is consumed, which it likely won't be.
Serving: 1.5thighs | Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 711mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 117IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
All Rights Reserved © Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com