This easy Pumpkin Bread is generously spiced and has a soft and tender crumb. This is the best moist pumpkin bread recipe, and it is so quick to make using just one bowl!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 12 servings
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted (may sub coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil)
- ½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup pure canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice (dairy, almond, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Place melted butter in a large bowl (I melt it right in the large bowl in the microwave). Whisk in the honey (or pure maple syrup) and pumpkin, followed by the eggs, milk and vanilla.
Sprinkle in the baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk until well combined. Add the cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves, and whisk until well combined.
Add the flour and mix with a rubber spatula until just combined. Do not overmix.
Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-55 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out just clean. Check the bread starting at about 35 minutes and cover it loosely with foil if the top is browning too quickly. For bread that is baked through but not dry, be careful not to over- or under-bake.
Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack before slicing and serving.
- Bread will keep at room temperature for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Cool completely, wrap tightly in plastic and then place in a zip-top bag and freeze.
- Instead of a loaf, you can make this recipe as 12 regular-size muffins. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray (or use muffin liners). Muffins will take 15-18 minutes to bake.
- You can double this recipe to make two loaves of pumpkin bread. Since one 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree will give you about 1 3/4 cups of pumpkin, you can add 1/4 cup of applesauce or mashed banana to reach 2 cups of puree.
- You can add chocolate chips or fresh or dried cranberries to the batter.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com