Healthy Banana Muffins
It doesn’t get much better than these Healthy Banana Muffins! They’re fluffy, naturally sweetened, and they take just minutes to make!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana about 3 medium
- ¼ cup milk whichever kind you prefer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
Place the butter in a large bowl and melt in the microwave. Add the honey or maple syrup, mashed banana, milk and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk to combine. Whisk in the eggs. Sprinkle the cinnamon, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Add the flour to the bowl and stir with a large spoon or spatula until barely combined. Be careful to not over-mix.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full. I like to use a large scoop.
Sprinkle tops of muffins with cinnamon.
Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. (Mini muffins will take about 10-12 minutes to bake.)
Let muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Recipe makes 12 regular sized muffins or 36 mini muffins.
- Muffins freeze well. Cool completely and then store in an airtight zip-top bag for up to 3 months. Thaw individual muffins at room temperature, overnight in the refrigerator, or in the microwave when ready to eat.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com