One Bowl Cinnamon Banana Muffins (Whole Wheat + Healthy)
NEW! Slow Cooker Freezer Meal Plan now available!
It doesn’t get much better than these One Bowl Cinnamon Banana Muffins! They’re whole wheat, refined sugar free, and they take just minutes to make!
Meet my new go-to muffin. These One Bowl Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins are so easy to make and so good… so much so that I’ve made a batch almost every week for the past two months. If you love banana muffins, then you have to give these a try!
A few years ago, before I had kids who loved to snack, I would always have an abundance of over-ripe bananas on my counter. I could never quite keep up with those bananas, and too often some of them would go to waste. Now I have the opposite problem: the bananas can’t keep up with my muffins and smoothies!
Most weeks, I buy at least two bunches of bananas. And we never have trouble using them up. We eat them plain for breakfasts and snacks. We add them to smoothies. And practically every week I use a few bananas to make a batch of banana muffins. Most often these One Bowl Cinnamon Banana Muffins or my other favorite, these Light and Fluffy Blueberry Banana Muffins.
I love one bowl baking recipes! They’re faster to prep, and there are less dishes to wash. For this recipe, you’ll whisk together the wet ingredients, sprinkle on some cinnamon, baking soda and salt and then whisk again. Finally, you gently stir in white whole wheat flour and then you’re ready to spoon the batter into your muffin tin. I like to use my large scoop to make the job quick and easy.
I also like to add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of each muffin before baking for an extra cinnamon kick!
Once the muffins are baked and cooled, I store them in a zip-top baggie in my freezer. That way, they’re always fresh when we need a quick breakfast or snack. If you love to prep meals and snacks ahead of time, too, you’ll want to follow me on Instagram where I share my weekly meal prep photos!
Why we love these Cinnamon Banana Muffins:
- They’re refined sugar free. You can use either honey or pure maple syrup in this recipe.
- They’re 100% whole wheat, yet still light because I use white whole wheat flour.
- They freeze really well. So well that I’ll often make a double batch to stock my freezer!
- You can’t beat an easy one bowl recipe!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup pure honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- ¼ cup milk (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Place the butter in a large bowl and melt in the microwave. Add the honey or maple syrup, mashed banana, milk and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk to combine. Whisk in the eggs. Sprinkle the cinnamon, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Add the flour to the bowl and stir with a large spoon or spatula until barely combined. Be careful to not over-mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about ⅔ full. I like to use a large scoop.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with cinnamon.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. (Mini muffins will take about 10-12 minutes to bake.)
- Let muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!