Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats - The easiest way to cook steel cut oatmeal! This Instant Pot steel cut oats recipe is foolproof and perfect for make ahead breakfasts.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings as desired: maple syrup, cinnamon, milk, fruit, nuts, etc.
Place the oats, water and vanilla in your Instant Pot. Stir.
Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
Set the cook time using the Pressure Cook/Manual function to 4 minutes at high pressure.
The Instant Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure and then the cook time will begin counting down. When the cook time ends, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for at least 15-20 minutes (just leave the Instant Pot alone).
After the natural release, carefully turn the steam valve to the venting position to make sure that all of the steam and pressure has escaped. Open the Instant Pot lid.
Stir the oats and serve with toppings as desired.
- To use quick cooking steel cut oats in this recipe, reduce the amount of water to 2 1/2 cups. Pressure cook for 1 minute at high pressure, followed by a natural release of at least 15 minutes.
- These steel cut oats are great for make ahead breakfasts. Refrigerate cooked oatmeal for up to 5 days or freeze individual portions of oatmeal for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- To reheat oatmeal, warm in the microwave with some milk.
Serving: 3/4 cup | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 9mg | Fiber: 4g | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com