Easy Slow Cooker Taco Pasta
Prep the ingredients for this Easy Slow Cooker Taco Pasta the night before and then start it cooking in your crock pot when you are ready. With just 10 minutes prep, this comforting pasta dish couldn’t be easier or faster to make!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup jarred salsa I used mild
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning I use this easy recipe
- 2 ½ cups water or low sodium chicken broth I used one 14.5 ounce can chicken broth plus enough water to total 2 ½ cups
- 12 ounces shell pasta shapes whole grain or white
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook the meat, stirring often, until browned. Transfer beef to slow cooker.
Add the bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, salsa, corn, taco seasoning, and broth or water. Stir.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Stir in the pasta. Cook on high for 10-20 minutes. Pasta cook time will vary by slow cooker, begin checking for doneness at 10 minutes.
Stir in the cheddar cheese and serve.
Serving: 1/8 of recipe | Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 742mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com