Turkey Taco Soup
The best taco soup made with simple ingredients, including ground turkey (or beef) and black beans. This easy taco soup recipe is quick to make on a weeknight. Pile on your favorite taco soup toppings and enjoy!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning this taco seasoning recipe or store-bought
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can pinto beans rinsed, drained and mashed
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- crumbled tortilla chips
- shredded cheese
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- fresh cilantro
In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook 2-3 minutes until softened.
Add the ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned and cooked through, breaking it up into small pieces.
Stir in the taco seasoning, followed by the crushed tomatoes, diced green chiles, black beans, mashed pinto beans, corn, and broth.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
Serve with toppings as desired.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 773mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 13g
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com