Kale Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing
This Kale Avocado Salad is a delicious side salad that you can serve with almost any meal. Nutrient dense kale, crunchy almonds, creamy avocado and sweet raspberries are tossed in a bright and tangy honey lemon dressing!
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 8 cups chopped kale large stems removed (see my easy method for prepping kale)
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. (Or place in a mason jar with a lid and shake to combine.)
Place chopped kale in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Add the avocado, almonds and raspberries. Serve.
- If you don’t enjoy the texture of fresh kale, you can soften it up by massaging the kale with your hands. Or, toss the kale with the dressing and let it rest for 1-4 hours in the refrigerator. It will soften over time. Be sure to add the avocado, berries and almonds right before serving.
- The honey lemon dressing can be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. Shake or whisk to recombine before using.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 1045mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 13474IU | Vitamin C: 183mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com