Avocado Kale Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing
Meet my favorite side salad: Avocado Kale Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing. It’s incredibly quick to make! Nutrient dense kale, crunchy almonds, creamy avocado and sweet raspberries are tossed in a bright and tangy citrus dressing!
Kristine’s Kitchen has a new look! If you’re reading this in your email, you can click through to the website to see the fresh design and new features. Our new site design has been in the works for a while now and I’m so excited that you can finally see it!
I’ll give you a quick tour through a few features that will help you find recipes to fit your needs and tastes.
- Recipe key and icons: This is totally new, and such a helpful feature. The recipe key allows you to easily access 10 of my main categories of posts, including easy meal prep, one pot, dairy free, gluten free, get organized and more. These icons also appear with each individual post so that you can quickly see if a recipe is freezer-friendly or a 30 minute meal, for example.
- Main navigation bar: Here you can quickly access content that can help you to feed your family well, raise healthy kids and get organized. I’m currently working on expanding this content so there is a lot to look forward to!
- Featured post categories: On the homepage, below the most recent posts you’ll see a few featured post categories. These are there to give you quick ideas of what you might cook this week!
I hope you love the new design as much as I do! A huge thank you to the Purr Design team for bringing it to life!
Let’s chat more about this avocado kale salad. I’ve been holding out on you with this recipe! I photographed it months ago and have made it over and over again since then. I just never got around to sharing it with you until today.
This is a simple recipe that you can add to your weekly meal plan to bring more fresh produce into your diet. If you wash and prep your kale ahead of time, it takes just minutes to make this salad. Even with the homemade dressing.
I like to make my dressing in a mason jar (just shake to mix and you can pop it in the refrigerator to store extra dressing) or in a small bowl using a mini whisk. I also recommend this salad spinner for washing and drying fresh kale and other greens.
You can easily customize this avocado kale salad recipe:
- Use other fresh berries, such as blueberries or strawberries.
- Add whatever nuts you have on hand. We sometimes use walnuts or pecans.
- Add some goat cheese or feta for an extra pop of flavor.
If you don’t enjoy the texture of fresh kale, I’d recommend tossing the kale in the salad dressing and letting it sit for at least an hour and up to 2 days. It will soften over time. Be sure to add the avocado, berries and almonds right before serving.
Or, you can gently massage the kale with your hands before tossing it in the salad dressing. This is a quick way to soften it up.
And if you love kale salads? I suggest you try my other three favorites:
Kale Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 8 cups chopped kale large stems removed (see my easy method for prepping kale)
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. (Or place in a mason jar with a lid and shake to combine.)
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Add the avocado, almonds and raspberries. Serve.
- If you don’t enjoy the texture of fresh kale, you can soften it up by massaging the kale with your hands. Or, toss the kale with the dressing and let it rest for 1-4 hours in the refrigerator. It will soften over time. Be sure to add the avocado, berries and almonds right before serving.
- The honey lemon dressing can be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. Shake or whisk to recombine before using.
This site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen!