Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
These Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with chocolate chips are easy to make in one bowl. The perfect healthy snack or make ahead breakfast!
Servings: 16 muffins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk whole milk, almond milk, or other
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 16 wells of two muffin pans with cooking spray.
Melt the butter in your microwave in a large microwave-safe bowl (or melt in a pan on the stove).
Add the peanut butter to the bowl with the butter and whisk until smooth.
Add the bananas to the bowl and mash with a fork.
Whisk in the honey, eggs, vanilla and milk.
Add the baking soda and salt and whisk until everything is well combined.
Add the flour and use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the batter into the greased muffin pans. Bake for 16-17 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- You can bake these muffins in a mini muffin tin for about 12 minutes.
- Muffins freeze well. Cool completely and then freeze in a zip-top bag or other airtight container for up to 3 months.
- You can also store these muffins at room temperature, wrapped airtight, for up to 4 days.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 214mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com