Instant Pot Vegetarian Lentil Chili
An easy recipe for Instant Pot Vegetarian Lentil Chili. This healthy vegan chili recipe is made with black beans, quinoa, lentils and veggies. Just dump all of the ingredients in your pressure cooker and cook! Crockpot directions also included.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 15 ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 15 ounces can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dry green or brown lentils picked over, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup quinoa uncooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
Add all ingredients to Instant Pot and stir well.
Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook (high pressure) for 7 minutes. The Instant Pot will display "ON" as it comes to pressure and then the cook time will begin counting down. When the Instant Pot beeps a few times to let you know that the cook time has ended, allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes (just leave the Instant Pot alone).
Carefully quick release any remaining pressure.
Stir and serve chili with toppings as desired.
- I recommend using green or brown lentils in this recipe. Red lentils will be much softer and turn mushy after pressure cooking. Even using green or brown lentils, you can expect the lentils to be very soft after cooking in the Instant Pot.
- This chili is mild on the spice. To make it spicier you can add a 4 ounce can of diced green chiles or a little bit of cayenne pepper.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker, increasing the vegetable broth to 6 cups. Cook on low for 8 hours, stir and serve.
- To Prep Ahead and Freeze (Before Cooking): Place all ingredients except for the broth in a zip-top bag. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and cook as directed in the recipe, remembering to add the broth before cooking.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1007mg | Potassium: 1083mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2005IU | Vitamin C: 35.8mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 7.3mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
© Kristine's Kitchen https://kristineskitchenblog.com